An exciting feature we’re currently rolling out is the ability for you to add money to your Luno wallet using a saved credit or debit card. This makes adding money into your wallet faster and easier each time you want to make a deposit.
The first step is to save your credit or debit card to your account. You can conveniently do this while on the Deposit screen.
How to add your credit or debit card to your Luno account
1. From the Menu, select Wallets and then the Deposit option on your local currency wallet
2. Now select the Add debit card or credit card button
3. On the Add Card screen, proceed to enter your debit or credit card details
4. Once complete, select the Add Card button
5. You will be taken directly to the Enter Amount screen where you can continue to make your deposit (proceed to Step 3 below)
How to make a deposit using your saved debit or credit card
1. From the Menu, tap Wallets and then tap Deposit on your local currency wallet
2. On the Deposit Method screen, select one of your saved debit or credit cards
3. Enter the desired amount you would like to deposit and then click Submit
4. Proceed to the Confirm Amount screen and then select Confirm
5. You may be redirected to your card issuer's 3D-Secure screen where you will be prompted to enter the One Time Password (OTP) supplied to you by your card issuer
6. You will be taken to a confirmation screen to let you know that your deposit was successful. Congrats! You've just deposited using your saved card
Frequently asked questions
Why can’t I see this feature when I deposit money?
We’ve released this feature to a segment of our UK customers for now, and will soon be rolling it out on a larger scale to more of our customers. If you don’t see the option to add a saved credit card when depositing money, please be patient while we work on bringing this new deposit method to you.
How many cards can I save?
You can save two cards to your account.
How safe is it to save my credit card with Luno?
Your security is our biggest priority. We take every effort to keep our customers – and their funds – safe through first-class security and adherence to strict internal security practices. This new depositing method is entirely safe, and we always recommend you enable two-factor authentication on your account.
Is there a deposit limit using my debit or credit card?
Yes, you can deposit up to EUR 1,000 per transaction with a monthly card deposit limit of EUR 5,000. This is separate from your current account level limits, which include the monthly and lifetime deposit limits that will be applied regardless of this card deposit limit.
Can I make more deposits after reaching my monthly limit?
Yes. The monthly limit of EUR 5,000 is for debit and credit card deposits. If you are unable to use your card to make a deposit, you can also continue to use your other available deposit methods.